I just love anything sparkly around Valentine’s Day, so I know I’d love receiving this glittery invitation for a Valentine’s party!
This homemade Valentine’s invitation is not only beautiful, but easy to make too!
Follow the tutorial below or make it even easier on yourself and contact me to make them for you! I offer custom invitations for all the designs shown on my site or I can create something just for you! Be sure to contact me if you’re interested in pricing!
DIY Glittery Valentine Invite…
- 8-1/2″x 11″ glitter paper (I found this at Hobby Lobby)
- 8-1/2″x 11″ white cardstock
- double sided tape
- mounting squares
- size A9 envelopes
You’ll find that this invitation is so easy to make! And you’ll love that this design can be used for any occasion!
1) Begin by cutting the glitter paper to a size of 5-1/2″x 8-1/2″.
2) Next, design a text layout using any computer program that you prefer. Use a catchy phrase or keep it simple, but be sure to include all the necessary info for your party. Change the font color to match the color scheme of the design.
3) Cut out the text sheet to a size of 4-3/4″x 7-3/4″.
4) Now apply the double-sided tape to the center of the white text sheet.
5) Next, remove the tape backer and sprinkle the glitter onto the tape. Use a generous amount…you can always pour the left-over back into the container.
6) Now rub the glitter on the tape to ensure that it is evenly covered. Don’t worry, you won’t rub it off…it sticks really good!
7) After you are finished with the glitter, using mounting squares, attach the text sheet to the glitter sheet and you’re finished!
So blingy and so easy! Don’t you love it?? :)
I’ll be using this glitter technique on a lot of invitations coming up, so be sure to check back often to see what’s new!